The vegetables in their thick curry gravy are tender and delightful. The pie crust makes the whole meal so special and inviting. Welcome the chill in the air with this warm scrumptious dinner.
Curry Gravy Vegetable Pot Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Curry Gravy Vegetable Pot Pie [Vegan]
- 2 celery stalks, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 medium Russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- Store-bought pie crust (top and bottom), thawed
How to Prepare Curry Gravy Vegetable Pot Pie [Vegan]
- In a large pot, add diced celery, carrots, potatoes, and peas.
- Cover with cold water about 2 inches above the vegetables. Boil for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat add vegan butter.
- When the vegan butter has melted, add the diced onions and cook until translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Next to the onions and garlic, add the flour, salt, pepper, and curry powder and cook, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the onion mixture, stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the almond milk to the onions and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Add the drained vegetables and potatoes to the onion mixture and stir to combine everything. Remove the filling from the heat.
- Add one pie crust to the bottom of a pie plate, and prick a few times with a fork.
- Fill the bottom pie crust with the vegetable filling mixture.
- Carefully roll out the top crust over the filling, and pinch along the sides to close the top and bottom crust together. Cut a few slits in the top crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Decorative Option – Roll out the top crust with flour. Using a cookie cutter cut out 3 leaf shape pieces. Score each leaf with a paring knife to resemble the veins. Place the top crust over the filling mixture. Pinch along sides to close top and bottom. Gently place the leaves back over their holes slightly off-center so there are still openings to allow the pie to vent.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2192 | Total Carbs: 213 g | Total Fat: 140 g | Total Protein: 20 g | Total Sodium: 2729 g | Total Sugar: 30 g (Per Serving) Calories: 365 | Carbs: 36 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 455 g | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.