A hearty soup to fight the winter cold. Fresh ginger root gives this soup some extra spice and makes it quite unique!
Curried Split Pea Soup with Root Veggies and Ginger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large white/brown onion, chopped
- A big chunk of fresh ginger root, as much as you can handle
- A couple of big parsnips (or whatever root veg you have to hand)
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 cup dried split peas
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Sauté the chopped onion in a little olive oil. Mince or chop the ginger root and add to the pan. Throw in the chopped and peeled root veggies. Add the curry powder and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the instant pot, add the dried split peas and vegetable stock. Cook on your soup/stew setting for 20 minutes, and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Once cooked, blitz with a hand blender to get the consistency you like.
- To cook on the stove-top, start off the onions and ginger in a saucepan, add the root veg, curry powder and split peas, 4 cups of vegetable stock, and simmer for 50 minutes. Blend, etc. Serve with posh seeds if you’re feeling fancy.