I love, love, and absolutely love this hashbrown. It's awesome for brekkie and even better with a salad for dinner. Tastes like a cross between pakoras and hash browns. YUM!
Curried Hash Browns [Vegan]
- 1 medium (yields 2 cups), grated sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (no chickpea flour? substitute with more brown rice flour)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp, cumin seeds
- 1 tsp, ground red chili powder
- 1 tsp, turmeric powder
- 2 cloves-finely minced/grated, garlic
- Salt-to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, coriander leaves
- Coconut oil, to fry the hash
- 2 Tbsp, onion (optional)
- Add salt to grated sweet potato and use your hands (get dirty) and mix salt well. Rub salt with the grated mixture and let it sit for 10 minutes. It will ooze out the juices. Now squeeze the sweet potato to discard all possible water out of it and add it to another bowl. Collect the juices. You might need them later on to shape the hash browns.
- Add the flours, garlic, spices, cumin and mix well. If they crumble, add the juices little by little and shape them.
- On a hot griddle, add a ladle full of the mixture and spread it evenly on the griddle. Pat them as thin as you can.
- Add a tsp of coconut oil and keep them on a medium heat and cook until they are crisp