There is truly nothing like homemade soup. With coconut milk, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and a hint of curry, this soup is downright delicious and perfect for entertaining. A creamy, smooth sophisticated soup with exotic flavors.
Curried Coconut Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat your oil over medium heat.
- Add your diced onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add your minced ginger and your pressed garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add your bay leaves, salt, curry powder and cubed butternut squash and stir well to combine.
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add your vegetable stock, cover and bring it to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer and allow it to cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Add your can of coconut milk and stir.
- Cook for another 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Use an immersion blender to puree.
- Allow the soup to simmer for another 10 minutes, adjust salt to taste and add red pepper flakes if you'd like.