This recipe features delicious curried carrot patties with a garlic tahini sauce suitable for vegans and celiacs. Enjoy for a tasty lunch or dinner!
Curried Carrot Patties With Garlic Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Patties:
- 5 carrots = 3 cups of grated or finely chopped carrot
- A handful of parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + a little more to cook
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 or 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or any flour you want to use
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds + 3 tablespoons of water
- Salt to taste
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove well minced
- 5 tablespoons of water
- Pinch of salt
- First of all, place the chia seeds together with the water and let it rest until you get a jelly consistency and the water has been absorbed
- Wash and peel the carrots. Grate or finely process in a food processor and put in a large bowl
- Cut the parsley and add to the bowl with the oil, curry, chia seeds, salt and oats and stir well.
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes. After that time, add the cornstarch and stir
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture, give the desired shape with your hands. Put in the pan. Repeat process until the mixture is finished.
- Brown the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- While they are cooking, prepare the sauce by simply adding all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing until smooth.