Transform cucumbers into adorable bite-sized appetizers with this easy recipe. Cucumber is sliced, stuffed with savory sun-dried tomato spread, rolled carefully, and then topped with almonds for a bit of crunch. Refreshing and simple.
Cucumber Pinwheels With Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Pesto [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/4 of 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Crushed almonds, for garnish (optional)
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, sea salt, and red pepper flakes, if you'd like, to a food processor. Process until well combined into a paste.
- Using a mandolin, carefully slice the cucumbers into slices.
- Add the paste into a piping bag or plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, seal it at the top and cut a small amount off of one of the corners to make your own piping bag.
- Using the bag, pipe a line of the paste down the middle of a slice of cucumber.
- Carefully roll up the cucumber and stick a toothpick through to hold it all together.
- Top with crushed almonds if desired to add an extra level of flavor.