This vibrant salad includes three recipes that work together in perfect harmony — a crunchy slaw, a salsa, and a creamy dressing. The slaw is made from fresh carrots, red cabbage, snap peas, dried sliced figs, and fresh orange juice. It's mixed with a creamy sweet potato salsa and a drizzle of a creamy turmeric dressing. Enjoy this crunchy and nutritious slaw for lunch!
Crunchy Salad With Sweet Potato Salsa and Creamy Turmeric Dressing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Crunchy Salad With Sweet Potato Salsa and Creamy Turmeric Dressing [Vegan]
For the Slaw:
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 12 snap pea pods, peas removed
- A good handful fresh leafy greens
- 2 dried figs, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Juice of 1/4 of an orange
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Salsa:
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cubed
- A pinch of cumin, paprika, and salt
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
For the Cashew Turmeric Dressing:
- 2-inch piece fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons soaked cashews
- 1 carrot roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons unpasteurized lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 3/4 cup of water
How to Prepare Crunchy Salad With Sweet Potato Salsa and Creamy Turmeric Dressing [Vegan]
To Make the Salad:
- Place the cabbage, carrot, celery, greens, and peas in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Add the orange juice, flaxseed oil, and salt and mix gently with your hands to evenly coat the salad.
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and bake or grill for 5 minutes until they are brown and fragrant.
- To serve, pile up the coleslaw evenly on two plates, scatter with the figs and roasted almond flakes. Serve alongside the sweet potato salsa.
To Make the Salsa:
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast until tender and ready to eat.
- Add the avocado, tomato, spices, salt, and lemon to the baking tray and mix everything together gently- this mixes everything with the olive oil and warms everything slightly.
- Serve alongside the slaw and a good drizzle of turmeric dressing.
To Make the Cashew Turmeric Dressing:
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve drizzled over the slaw and the sweet potato salsa.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.