Rich, fudgey brownies topped with a layer of crunchy chocolate! You’d never guess these vegan crunch brownies are healthy, gluten free and naturally sweetened.
Crunch Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup date paste (15 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
- 1/2 cup banana flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until totally smooth in a high power blender.
- Mix the chickpea purée, date paste, banana flour, cocoa powder, and vegan chocolate chips into a thick brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies in a nonstick or parchment paper lined pan for 40 minutes, then let them cool completely.
- To make the crunch layer, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave - start at 30 seconds then stir, and continue with 15 seconds several more times, stirring after each, until almost all the chips are melted.
- Add the buckwheat groats to the melted chocolate and stir until totally combined.
- Pour the mixture and spread gently over the brownies.
- Place the brownies into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.