Go the savory route for your next breakfast with these crispy zucchini pancakes. Made from chickpea flour, shredded zucchini, and seasoned with onion, garlic, and garam masala, these fritter-like pancakes are light enough to enjoy a stack but filling enough to keep you satisfied until lunch. Serve with a drizzle of Sriracha or a dollop of vegan mayo for a more refreshing take.
Crispy Zucchini Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Garam masala
- A small handful fresh herbs (cilantro or basil)
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix shredded zucchini with salt. Mix in your chopped fresh herbs.
- Mix flour and powdered spices together. Mix dry ingredients with the vegetables and mix well. Let everything sit for a few minutes. The vegetables should release their water and be sufficient for creating a batter. Feel free to add tiny amounts of water.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Cook one pancake patty at a time. Cook each side for 5 minutes at low or med-low heat. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with the dipping sauce of your choice.