Quinoa-based burgers made with fresh seasonal summer veggies! Oil-free, gluten free, and extra crispy. Perfect for layering on a bun, lettuce, or by itself!
Crispy Garden Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, any color
- 1 large zucchini, diced (~2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Tamari lite
- For serving: bun of choice: ie. gluten-free breaded bun, portobello mushroom bun, lettuce bun, etc.
- Optional toppings: sliced heirloom tomato, kale, avocado, red onion, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all burger ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until well combined. You want it to be well mixed and the diced veg broken down, but not completely puréed.
- Form mixture into 4-6 large patties (~1/2 cup) or 8-12 smaller sliders (~1/4 cup).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, carefully flipping once halfway, until quinoa is crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Serve immediately, or pan-cook for an additional 5-10 minutes for extra crispiness.
- To pan-cook, burgers, preheat pan over medium-high heat with a bit of avocado oil (skip this step if oil-free). Add baked quinoa burgers to the pan and heat for 5 minutes on each side, until crispy and brown. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover quinoa burgers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes or on a pan with avocado oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Freeze burgers for longterm storage for 2-3 months.