These oven-fried cauliflower nuggets are guaranteed to be the star of your dinner night, parties, potlucks, and every other type of get-together! The secret is to cook flour-covered cauliflower slowly in coconut oil. The slow oven baking helps to crisp up the outside without having undercooked cauliflower. They're seasoned beautifully, so as long as you get the texture right, you'll be good to go! These cauliflower nuggets are easy to make so tasty! You won't be able to stop making them! Why would you want to?
Crispy Cauliflower Nuggets [Vegan]
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, plus a few extra
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the coconut oil on a baking sheet and place in the oven for a few minutes to melt. Remove from oven and make sure it is spread evenly.
- Put the flour, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt in a large bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, pour the almond milk. Working a few a time, dip the cauliflower in the milk and then coat well with the flour mixture. Put all the florets in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip the cauliflower, brushing the extra almond milk on any floury spots on the cauliflower. Add a bit more coconut oil to the pan if it’s dry. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool on a paper towel and serve with dipping sauces like ketchup.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1338 | Total Carbs: 117 g | Total Fat: 84 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 533 g | Total Sugar: 16 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Can you bake these instead of using any oil?