This is the best. Dinner. Ever. No tofu on hand? Tempeh or white beans or lentils will work great, too! Don't dig kale or carrots? Use another green and another root-ish veggie of your choice. This dinner-in-a-bowl is pretty flexible.
Crispy Baked Tofu With Shredded Veggie Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups extra firm cubed tofu
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup kale. shredded
- A few pinches sea salt and pepper
- Whisk together 2 teaspoons minced garlic, tamari, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, thyme, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add tofu to marinade and toss to coat. Set aside and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bring 1 cup of water and the quinoa to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Transfer tofu to a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat on quinoa to medium-low and simmer for 12 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Keep covered and remove from heat.
- While quinoa cooks, grate kale and carrots into thin shreds.
- When there is about 5 minutes left in cook time, place shredded veggies on top of the quinoa and re-cover.
- In a small food processor or bowl, combine tahini, dijon, cumin, garlic, and a few pinches sea salt and pepper. Add water as needed to achieve a thick, pourable consistency.
- Combine dressing with quinoa + veggies, top with tofu, and serve.