Vegetables like cauliflower are most nutritious eaten on their own or in a healthy dish, but every once in a while it's nice to use them in an indulgent and comforting snack. For example, in this recipe, cauliflower florets are dropped in batter, coated in breadcrumbs and corn flake crumbs, and then baked in the oven until delightfully crispy. Serve these bites with your favorite dip!
Crispy Baked Cauliflower Bites [Vegan]
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, plus 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- Begin by cutting the cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces. Try to be uniform with the size.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the flax egg, water flour, and paprika. In a second bowl, mix the bread and cornflake crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Now, drop a floret into the batter bowl, and then transfer to the breadcrumb bowl, coating well, and then place on a well-oiled baking sheet to be cooked.
- Once all of the cauliflower bites are coated and on the tray, set the oven to 350°F and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve.