This Creamy Red Lentil Pasta is a great protein-packed, nutritious Low FODMAP vegan recipe! It's so simple and tasty!
Creamy Red Lentil Pasta [Vegan]
For the Red Lentil Sauce:
- 2.47 ounces dry red lentils*
- 280 ml water
- 4 medium-sized carrots finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut
- 1 leek only the green parts*
- 14 ounces plum tomatoes finely diced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil*
- 10.6 ounces pasta I used gluten-free brown rice
- 3.5 crushed walnuts optional
- fresh parsley optional
- vegan parmesan optional
- Heat a larger pot, once heated add the garlic-infused olive oil, the leek and stir for 5min, continue by adding the carrots, tomatoes and bell pepper, season with salt, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin paprika. Fry for another 5min.
- In the same pan add the lentils and water, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15min to 20min(until the lentils get tender)
- While the sauce is cooking, in a separate pan boil the pasta.
- When the sauce is all done and the preferred thickness is achieved, either with a masher or hand blender, mash the sauce. Be careful to not overdo it, it should still have the texture of the vegetables and lentils. (I would say just a few seconds with the blender just to combine the ingredients together, you don't want your final result to be a soup!)
- Once the sauce is ready, serve it over the pasta.
- Top it with crushed walnuts, fresh parsley or any other topping of choice.
- Best when fresh( or store the sauce separately from the pasta(up to 2 days)) the gluten-free pasta doesn't keep well.