A creamy broth free fall inspired soup with homemade nutmeg croutons
Creamy Pumpkin Soup [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 1 can organic pure pumpkin puree
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. organic pure maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
For the Croutons:
- -2 Slices Gluten Free bread
- -1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- - 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
To Make the Soup:
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine the pumpkin, and coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in your water, and continue to stir.
- Now mix in your spices, and maple syrup.
- Toss in your cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a low simmer, and heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves before serving.
To Make the Croutons:
- Pre-Heat your oven to 375 Degree F.
- Slice your GF bread into small crouton sized squares.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine your coconut oil, and ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss the bread pieces until coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flipping half way through.