I’m one of those people who stock up on canned pumpkin and enjoys eating it (and butternut squash and sweet potatoes…) all year-round, but I appreciate that for some folks, there’s only one season in which to consume this low-calorie food: Fall. If you are one of those people, you’re missing out on about 9 months of nutritional benefits. Pumpkin is rich in antioxidants (think: cancer-fighters) like vitamin C and E and is off the charts in vitamin A. It’s also an excellent source of minerals like copper, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium.
Creamy Pumpkin-Coconut Pie [Vegan, Sugar-Free, Oil-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Pumpkin-Coconut Pie [Vegan, Sugar-Free, Oil-Free]
- 1 9 1/2-inch whole wheat or gluten-free baked pie shell or your favorite raw crust
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked for a few hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-flavored stevia liquid
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- A pinch of allspice
- Whipped coconut cream, for topping (optional)
How to Prepare Creamy Pumpkin-Coconut Pie [Vegan, Sugar-Free, Oil-Free]
- In a small bowl combine the toasted coconut and the crystallized ginger. Set aside.
- Put the cashews, pumpkin purée, coconut butter, water, non-dairy milk, maca powder, ginger, stevia, and spices in a high-speed blender and process until very smooth.
- Scrape about half of the cashew-pumpkin mixture into the pie crust and smooth. Sprinkle the toasted coconut/ginger over top and carefully add the remaining cashew-pumpkin mixture over top. Spread until even and smooth.
- Chill for several hours or until firm. Cut into slices and serve with whipped coconut cream.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Pumpkin Seed
- Pumpkin Spice
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2258| Total Carbs: 178g | Total Fat: 149g | Total Protein: 35g | Total Sodium: 1265mg | Total Sugar: 55gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.