A potato salad can actually be quite healthy if it's done correctly! Instead of mayonnaise, creamy homemade hummus was used in this recipe, and the roasted seeds add a beautiful nutty, crunchy texture. Excellent for parties!
Creamy Potato Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo]
For the Salad:
- 3 and half pounds of organic potatoes
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 bunches of celery, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup of cooked green peas
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup of prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of tahini
For the Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons of Dukkah
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into rough cubes. Steam for about 20 min until soft. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the with finely chopped parsley, celery, onion and peas.
- Mix the dressing ingredients into a bowl, blend together and then work into your salad.
- Roast the sunflower and sesame seeds in a hot skillet, shaking occasionally, until golden for 2 to 4 minutes. (No extra oil needed).
- Toss this mixture over potato salad and sprinkle with Dukkah.
- Serve immediately.
If taking this dish to a picnic or BBQ let the seeds cool and sprinkle over salad before serving so they stay crisp.