What's more comforting than a bowl full of thick, creamy polenta? Here, it's topped with juicy balsamic baked tomatoes and nutty, cheesy pesto. It's super simple to make and it's absolutely delicious!
Creamy Polenta With Baked Cherry Tomatoes and Walnut Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 3 sprigs basil
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Start by making the tomatoes: Preheat oven to 356°F. In a bowl mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes. Bake on a baking sheet with baking paper for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile make the pesto by placing walnuts, spinach, basil and vegan parmesan/nutritional yeast in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add in the oil and salt and blend until smooth.
- Make the polenta by bringing the water to a boil. Add in the cornmeal and boil for five minutes, whisking constantly to make sure no lumps form. Then add in the butter and milk and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the polenta topped with baked tomatoes and pesto.