Whenever you crave something nutritious and quick, this is the recipe for you! Mushrooms and spinach are cooking with a light yet creamy sauce. This dish is delicious served with fresh coriander and cashews sprinkled on top.
Creamy Mushrooms and Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Mushrooms and Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 8.8 ounces mushrooms
- 5.6 ounces spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2/3 cup non-dairy cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- Olive oil
- 2 handfuls of cashews, to serve
- A small bunch of coriander, to serve
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Creamy Mushrooms and Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat some water in a small saucepan. When water is boiling, add quinoa and cook as per packet instructions.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion, garlic, ground cumin, and ground coriander. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms to frying pan and cook for around 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add cream to vegetables in frying pan and simmer gently until hot.
- Drain quinoa when cooked. Put on a serving plate. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric and mix well until quinoa has a nice golden color.
- Season vegetables to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve creamy mushrooms and spinach on a bed of quinoa. Sprinkle with cashews and fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.