Whenever you crave something nutritious and quick, this is the recipe for you! Mushrooms and spinach are cooking with a light yet creamy sauce. This dish is delicious served with fresh coriander and cashews sprinkled on top.
Creamy Mushrooms and Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 8.8 ounces mushrooms
- 5.6 ounces spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2/3 cup non-dairy cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- Olive oil
- 2 handfuls of cashews, to serve
- A small bunch of coriander, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Heat some water in a small saucepan. When water is boiling, add quinoa and cook as per packet instructions.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion, garlic, ground cumin, and ground coriander. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms to frying pan and cook for around 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add cream to vegetables in frying pan and simmer gently until hot.
- Drain quinoa when cooked. Put on a serving plate. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric and mix well until quinoa has a nice golden color.
- Season vegetables to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve creamy mushrooms and spinach on a bed of quinoa. Sprinkle with cashews and fresh chopped coriander leaves.