Get ready to be blown away by these popsicles. Think homemade creamy vanilla lemon cashew curd with fresh berries, drizzled with dark chocolate. These seemingly decadent frozen treats taste incredible and they are also fairly healthy – as far as desserts go.
Creamy Lemon Berry Popsicles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Lemon Berry Popsicles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Popsicles:
- 3/4 cup of quick-soaked cashews (place the cashews in a mason jar, pour 2 cups boiling water let it sit, uncovered 55 minutes or overnight)
- Slightly less the 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder, or corn starch
- 2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
How to Prepare Creamy Lemon Berry Popsicles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the soaked cashews, vanilla extract, stevia, turmeric, and almond milk in a blender.
- Blend them until they're super smooth, stop to scrape down sides and blend the mixture for 1 more minute.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with lemon juice in a separate bowl, stirring the mixture very well until the arrowroot is completely dissolved.
- Pour cashew custard base into a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Start whisking the custard and slowly pour in the lemon arrowroot mix.You must use a whisk for this. Keep whisking the mixture for 1 minute, reduce the heat to lowest setting, and continue to cook it while whisking vigorously for 4 minutes.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, remove it from the heat, use a spatula to scarpe bottom of pan, and whisk it one last time.
- Allow the custard to cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- Take out you popsicle molds, hold one popsicle mold in your hand, drop a few fresh berries into it, pour some custard in, pop a few more fresh berries, you can push them around with your finger, continue this until the mold is just filled to the lip, then carefully insert the bottom part with the stick, close the mold firmly.
- Hold the mold stick side up, use your other hand to firmly hold the base closed, tap the end (non-stick part) of the mold on the kitchen counter to release any air bubbles.
- Gently place the popsicle mold in the popsicle stand.
- Repeat this with the remaining 5 molds.
- Place the popsicle mold tray in the freezer for at least 6 hours
- Break the chocolate up into pieces, place them in a bowl heated over the water (a double boiler), stir it with a spatula and while the chocolate is melting, sprinkle in a 1/4 teaspoon of stevia and mix it well
- Prepare a large flat plate with parchment or wax paper on it and place it in the freezer.
- Take one popsicle out, run the mold under cold water, wipe the mold, and wiggle the popsicle out.
- Using the spatula or a spoon, drizzle chocolate over the popsicle.
- Once the popsicle has the desired amount of chocolate, open the freezer, and gently wave the popsicle around close to where the cold air is coming from (towards the back of the freezer)until the chocolate has set.
- place it on the parchment covered plate in the freezer, remove the next mold and repeat this process until all popsicles are done.
- Take the popsicle out of the freezer fro 5-10 minutes prior to eating them.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.