If you like hummus, then you'll love this soup! In this recipe, chickpeas, carrots, and seasoning are blended into a creamy puree soup. Even if you're inexperienced in the kitchen, everyone will be impressed with the results.
Creamy Hummus Soup [Vegan]
- 1 cup of dried chickpea cooked or 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Juice and peel from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Soak beans overnight. Drain and rinse. Cook for about 90 minutes, until tender.
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add in the chopped onion and heat over medium for several minutes, stirring often. After a few minutes, add in the minced garlic and stir on low heat.
- Add in paprika, turmeric, salt, and fresh ground pepper. Stir for another minute or two, careful not to burn, adding a little bit of water if necessary.
- Now add in the chickpea, carrots, and vegetable broth. Stir well and bring to a boil. Once it boils, reduce heat to simmer for another 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Turn off the heat, carefully transfer soup into a high-speed blender.
- Add in tahini, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and serve with garnish of cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, and paprika.