This is a very easy recipe (all you need is a blender!!) and a great way to use up this season’s sweet corn! It is super healthy and very satisfying. It's hearty, refreshing and delicious. Just like a healthy, summer dish should be!
Creamy Corn Gazpacho [Vegan]
- 4 ears of raw sweet corn – 3 for the soup and one for garnish, kernels removed
- 1 can of white beans, drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded
- 1/2 a shallot
- 2 cups yellow tomatoes
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger, skin removed or 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil (as garnish)
- cilantro (as garnish)
- Place all ingredients except olive oil and cilantro in a high speed blender like the Vitamix. Puree until smooth but still lightly chunky. You can totally liquefy your soup if you prefer but I like the slightly chunky texture.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired. Chill for at least 30 mins.
- Serve cold and garnish with fresh corn kernels, a drizzle of olive oil, cilantro leaves, and a dusting of fresh cracked pepper.