This Creamy Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Pasta is perfect for a cold fall night. It's full of autumnal flavors and is so cozy!
Creamy Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, cubed
- 1 Yellow onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Large clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper (I just used the kind from the jar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 tablespoons Dry White Wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper
- 3 Cups (about 1/2 box) pasta of choice
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 1 Large handful fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine cubed squash, chopped onion and the garlic clove onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 45 minutes, until everything is tender and starting to brown.
- When the veggies have about 12 minutes left, put your water for the pasta on the stove.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and when you drain it in a colander, put the large handful of spinach in the bottom of the colander so the hot pasta water wilts the spinach.
- To finish the sauce: Into either a blender or the bowl of a food processor, put the roasted vegetables, garlic, roasted red peppers, nutritional yeast, wine and vegetable stock. Be sure to be very careful when blending hot things.
- Blend on high for about 2 minutes, or until everything is smooth, creamy and well combined, Taste your sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Into a large bowl, combine pasta, spinach, chickpeas and the sauce. (This gave me a little extra sauce which I’m pretty happy about because its going to be perfect on a fall themed pizza).
- Toss to coat everything in the sauce and serve!