If you’re a fan of Buffalo cauliflower (which we're sure you are because who isn’t?), You’re going to love this creamy Buffalo cauliflower casserole. It’s all the best parts of everyone’s favorite vegan appetizer rolled into a one dish recipe that is sure to please.
Creamy Buffalo Cauliflower Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Casserole:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
For the Buffalo Cream Sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 3/4 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
For the Top:
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, prep your vegetables, soak cashews in hot water and set aside.
- Add your cauliflower, celery, carrots, veggie broth, and seasoning salt to a medium-sized casserole dish and mix well. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While your vegetables are in the oven, prepare your Buffalo cream mixture by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blending until completely smooth. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Remove your casserole dish from the oven, top with the Buffalo cream sauce and vegan mozzarella cheese, stir well to get everything coated. Top with panko bread crumbs and return to the oven uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle raw celery leaves and green onions on top for freshness.