This recipe for quick snack bites is so creamy and rich, you’ll feel like you’re eating something much more decadent than a healthy snack. The nutmeg gives these delicious treats a holiday flare. Serve them at your next event, take a moment to indulge in these after work or school, or put them in your gym bag for a great after workout snack.
Creamed Cocoa Bites [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 20 raw, pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or regular cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the walnuts into a food processor and blend well with an S blade.
- Add the dates and continue to blend well for about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Scoop out 6 balls of the "dough" and flatten into 6 lined cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to firm up a bit before serving.