This moist bread is filled with fresh cranberries, warm spices, and orange zest for a festive treat!
Cranberry Orange Spice Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 cup cranberries (frozen or fresh- not dried!)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp plant-based milk of choice
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (or solidified coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas or white beans)
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar for topping (or just use more granulated sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well. Add plant based milk of choice to a small bowl with apple cider vinegar and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes to form a buttermilk.
- Add vegan butter and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy and lighter in color. Pour in prepared buttermilk, vanilla, aquafaba, and orange zest and mix to combine.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients (nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and flour) and use a spatula to combine. It should form a very thick batter, almost dough-like. Pour in cranberries and combine well.
- Scoop batter into lined pan. Sprinkle coarse sugar over top and place in oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool, then slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!