Cranberry hazelnut cake - delicious, super easy to make and only a few ingredients necessary. Stir everything, off in the oven, done!
Cranberry Hazelnut Cake [Vegan]
You need this:
- 1 1/3 cup wheat or spelled flour
- 1 1/3 cup of hazelnuts ground
- 1 teaspoon locust bean gum
- 1/2 cup of sugar (alternatively xylitol or erythritol)
- 1 pack of baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries (more to taste)
- Ground lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch of ground pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
For the Topping:
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- lemon juice
- 1 splash of beetroot juice
- coconut flakes
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk one by one into a bowl and stir well. Then add the coconut milk and process into a uniform dough (it should not be liquid, but rather slightly "mushy"). Grease a medium-sized box shape or lay out with parchment paper and fill with the cake dough. Bake in preheated oven at 175°F top and bottom heat for about 55 to 60 minutes (do not forget the toothpick test!).
- When the cake has cooled, make a powdered icing out of the powdered sugar, lemon juice and beetroot juice and stir. Glaze the cake with it and top with the coconut flakes. Get everything firmly and serve!