Mashed chickpea salad has got to be one of the easiest recipes, loaded with flavor, nutrition, and it’s super filling. Cranberries along with celery, pecans, and capers create plenty of salty and sweet flavors and add yummy, yummy texture. Layer it on your favorite bread for a phenomenal, seasonal sandwich.
Cranberry Chickpea Salad Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (add in more if you like)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread (gluten-free if necessary)
- Place chickpeas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving some chunks of peas.
- Add in the celery, pecans, cranberries, capers, garlic powder, and mayo. Add in more mayo for a creamier salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile salad on lightly toasted bread and top with your favorite toppings.