These "crab" rangoons are stuffed with carrots, vegan cream cheese, and a secret blend of ingredients that makes them taste better than the real thing. Their crunchy, golden shells are wrapped around an indulgent, velvety filling that will make your mouth smile.
‘Crab’ Rangoons [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded fine
- 1 teaspoon kelp powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons scallions, chopped
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 12-18 vegan wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- A small bowl of water
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the ingredients (except the wonton wrappers, oil, and water) and whisk, or beat them with a hand mixer until they're fully combined.
- Heat about 1/2 an inch of oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Assemble the crab rangoon by taking a wonton wrapper and placing about 1/2-3/4 teaspoons of filling in the center.
- Using your small bowl of water, wet all the edges of the wrappers and fold them point to point making a triangle. Make sure all the edges are sealed together by pressing them together really well.
- Once the oil is hot, fry 2-3 rangoons at a time. Fry them for about 1 minute on one side, flip them, and fry them for another minute until both sides are nice and brown. Serve them immediately.