This heavenly light vegan cotton candy ice cream is very easy and has only three ingredients! No churning required, it will stay light, just take it out of the freezer and enjoy strawberry goodness. The lightness comes from aqua faba (bean water, the same you make vegan meringues with), but don’t worry it won’t taste of beans at all. This is so easy and cheap to do it's incredible. Normally you would throw away the bean water but now you're actually using it make something super light and deliciously refreshing. Nothing goes to waste.
3-Ingredient Cotton Candy Strawberry Ice Cream (Made With Aquafaba!) [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 7 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 1/4 cups strawberries
- Drain a can of chickpeas over a bowl. Use this bean water (also called aquafaba) and mix either with a hand mixer or a stand mixer on the highest setting for about 15 minutes or until stiff peaks form (it will mostly take 12-15 minutes with a hand mixer or a bit longer in my case using my stand mixer). See pic above.
- Chop up strawberries and then throw them into a smoothie blender (no water required) and blend well until you get a smooth sauce.
- Start mixing the aquafaba again and add icing sugar and the strawberry sauce. Make sure to combine it properly. Pour the mixture into 2 large tupperware dishes and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- If you leave it in the freezer for longer and it goes harder just leave it out for a bit before serving and it will get soft and fluffy again.
- Serve with some fresh strawberries on the side. Enjoy!