If you're a huge fan of peanut butter cups, then you'll love these cookie dough chocolate cups because they take it to a whole new level. Cookie dough and chocolate? Double yum. Chickpea cookie dough (which doesn't taste like beans!) is stuffed inside a delicious, dark chocolate cup in this perfectly shareable treat.
Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oats
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons vegan chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to a food processor, and process until very smooth.
- Fold the 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips into the batter.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips. If you do not have a double boiler, you can put a heat-safe bowl over a pot.
- The bowl should be big enough that it sits in the pot with a few inches of room for water underneath. Fill the pot with an inch or two of water, put the bowl on top and add your chocolate chips. Bring the water to a boil and gently stir the chocolate chips until completely melted, then remove from heat.
- To make the cookie dough chocolate cups, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add just enough chocolate to the cupcake liners to just cover the bottom.
- Take a piece of the cookie dough and form a ball that is just smaller than the mould so that there is room for chocolate to go around the edges. Place the cookie dough into each mould.
- Now pour more chocolate over the top of the cookie dough so that the chocolate goes around the sides of the cookie dough and covers the top.
- Put in the freezer to cool and set for about 30 minutes. Once it has solidified, you can tear the cupcake liners off.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.