These may be the best ever vegan cookie dough protein bars ever made! They are the perfect no bake snack for hot summer days! With a crispy chocolatey buckwheat base and a soft cookie dough layer on on top, you might even want these vegan cookie dough protein bars for dessert! The smooth dark chocolate and peanut butter with the crunchy buckwheat puffs is a match made in heaven! They'll be your new go-to protein bars for sure! These vegan cookie dough protein bars are so fantastic!
Cookie Dough Chocolate Crunch Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Chocolate Crunch Layer
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon almond butter (or peanut butter, hazelnut butter, cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds
- 1 cup puffed buckwheat (or rice crisps)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 4 tablespoons vegan protein
- 3 tablespoons fruit syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ tablespoons chocolate chips
- Pea Snacks or Chopped Nuts
- For the Chocolate Crunch Layer: Line a baking dish with parchment paper, set aside. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Once melted, transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the almond butter, seeds, and buckwheat puffs. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and place in the freezer for 20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the cookie dough.
- For the Cookie Dough: In a mixing bowl, stiff together the almond flour, oat flour, and protein powder. Add the syrup, vanilla extract, and mix until a dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Assemble: Transfer the cookie dough to the baking dish and spread it in an even layer on top of the chocolate crisp layer. Carefully remove from the baking dish and cut into 10 small bars. Store in the fridge