These fluffy and spongy coconut waffles are paired perfectly with fresh seasonal fruits and drizzled with maple syrup for the added kick of deliciousness.
Coconut Waffles [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- cooking spray or cooking oil
- Preheat waffle iron.
- To prepare the batter, in a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and coconut milk until combined.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with non–stick cooking spray. Pour batter onto the waffle iron, close the lid and cook until golden brown.
- Serve plain or garnish with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
For savory waffles reduce the amount of sugar by half and add 1/2 cup minced green onion and freshly ground black pepper.
- Coconut Milk