With a combination of nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, and matcha green tea powder, these flavorful energy bars are definitely road-trip-worthy. Sweetened only with dates, they’re a healthier alternative to most store-bought energy bars and contain a balanced amount fiber, healthy fat, and plant-based protein to keep you fueled for whatever adventure lies ahead.
Raw Coconut Matcha Energy Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup dates, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder, plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine almonds, cashews, hemp seeds, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons matcha powder in food processor and pulse until well-combined. Mixture should stick together like a dough when pressed. Add cacao nibs and pulse just enough for cacao to be dispersed throughout.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper (so bars are easier to remove later) and add bars to dish. Use hands or the back of a spoon to press the mixture down until it is compact and smooth. Sprinkle coconut and additional matcha on top and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Place the dish in the freezer for one hour. Remove bars from dish by pulling out parchment paper.
- Cut into eight bars and wrap with parchment paper if desired. Store in fridge for up to one week.