This dish is called coconut curry linguini. It has the texture and creaminess of a fettuccini Alfredo, but with Thai ingredients and flavors like rice noodles, coconut milk, red curry paste, and lime. It'll quickly become one of your favorite dishes to whip up last minute when you want something easy that packs big flavor.
Coconut Curry Linguini [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Curry Linguini [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1-2 tablespoons red curry paste, depending on how spicy it is
- 1 13.66-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan fish sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (sweet basil)
- 7 ounces rice noodles
- Thinly sliced green onions
- A handful of coriander, chopped
How to Prepare Coconut Curry Linguini [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place your rice noodles in a large bowl of hot water, (not boiling) and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add your curry paste and bring to medium-low heat to toast for about 1 minute.
- Scrape off the coconut cream and add to pan (leaving over the coconut water) and stir until combined.
- Next, add your agave nectar, vegan fish sauce, paprika, and juice of half your lime. Give it a stir, and give it a taste. If you like your sauce sweeter, add in a bit more agave nectar, if it is not tart enough, add some more lime juice, etc.
- Add in your Thai basil leaves and stir, letting the leaves infuse your sauce.
- Drain your rice noodles. They should be softened, but not cooked.
- Add your rice noodles to your pan of sauce bringing the heat to medium-high, stirring constantly, for about 3-5 minutes until noodles are cooked through.
- The noodles will finish cooking in the sauce and absorb the liquid from the sauce, leaving you with a rich creamy sauce over the noodles.
- Plate and top with chopped coriander, green onions, and more lime, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1594 | Total Carbs: 229 g | Total Fat: 62 g | Total Protein: 23 g | Total Sodium: 4043 g | Total Sugar: 43 g Per Serving: Calories: 797 | Carbs: 115 g | Fat: 31 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 2022 mg | Sugar: 22 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.