This alluring coconut cherry tart is vegan, sugar free and gluten free! In addition, it is completely done without an oven. You only need some space in the fridge and some delicious ingredients!
Coconut Cherry Cake Sweetened With Dates [Vegan]
- 1 cup of soft dates
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- A handful of fresh cherries
- 2 cups coconut yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar powder
- grated coconut
- fresh cherries
- Dark chocolate
- A 16cm baking pan with removable frame lined with baking paper.
- Core the dates and knead them with their hands. If the dates are too hard, you can use a blender for that. Knead coconut shavings in portions. Use only enough grated coconut until the mass no longer sticks to the hands and is easy to shape.
- Evenly press the date-coconut mass into the baking pan.
- Halve and core the cherries. Cover the date base (with the chopped cherry sides down). Shorten the shape and prepare the filling.
- Mix the drained coconut yoghurt with date syrup (or other sweet of your choice).
- By the way, you can find out more about yoghurt drainage below at the NomNom tips!
- Mix agar with the water and heat in a small saucepan. Simmer for 3 minutes while stirring. Then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while stirring. Remove 1 L of the coconut yoghurt and stir in the gelled liquid.
- These then mix under the remaining Kokosjoghurt. Work fast, otherwise the jelly forms lumps in the yoghurt!
- Pour the finished filling onto the date tray over the halved cherries.
- Keep the tartets cold until the filling is gelled - preferably overnight.
- Once the tart has rested long enough, carefully remove the baking frame. Sprinkle the tart with a layer of grated coconut. Chop cherries and dates and finely chop the chocolate. Distribute everything on the cake.