This vegan frosting is simple enough to pair with any cake recipe. This paleo, coconut buttercream is light and airy but so decadent.
Coconut Buttercream Frosting [Vegan, Paleo]
Enough frosting for 1 cake or 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups coconut cream (full fat, organic)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- Pinch of vanilla bean powder
- Begin by scooping out the thick coconut cream found at the top of the can. Save the leftover liquid to use in smoothie recipes or other baked goods.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the scooped coconut cream, the vanilla bean powder, and stevia. Use a hand mixer to beat the ingredients on medium speed until well-combined.
- Gradually, add tapioca starch until desired thickness is reached. Continue until smooth.
- Pour the frosting into an airtight jar or bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.