These Cocoa Dusted Pecan Date Balls are scrumptious. The unsweetened dark cocoa powder compliments the sweetness of the dates. Eat only 1-2 at a time, as they are rich and very satisfying.
Cocoa Dusted Pecan Date Balls [Vegan]
- 16 dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw, unsalted pecans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, 100% dark chocolate cocoa powder
- To a food processor, add dates and pecans.
- Turn on high and process until they just start to form a ball*.
- Add sea salt, pulse to incorporate.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Measure out the cocoa powder and place it on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Using clean hands, form pecan date mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the balls in cocoa until completely coated (2-3 times).
- Store balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.