These Clean Eating Pumpkin Truffles are really easy to make and a great recipe for your children to help with…mine love to roll anything into a ball shape, especially a healthy snack! I particularly like them because they don’t have to go in the freezer, only in the refrigerator just long enough to firm up. This means they can be prepared in a matter of minutes with only a food processor.
Clean Eating Pumpkin Truffles [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Clean Eating Pumpkin Truffles [Vegan]
For the filling
- 1 cup organic cashew butter
- 6 organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches organic ground clove
For the chocolate topping
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
How to Prepare Clean Eating Pumpkin Truffles [Vegan]
Prepare the Filling:
- Add the cashew butter and dates (pitted) to a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the filling (pumpkin puree, coconut flour, coconut oil, vanilla bean powder, ground nutmeg, ground clove) and blend until everything is well combined.
- Adjust the spices to your preference and add a small amount of coconut flour, if needed, for them to be firm enough to roll into a ball.
- Take out a spoonful at a time and roll into a ball shape then place them onto a cookie sheet.
- Put in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes, or until they firm up.
Prepare the Chocolate Topping:
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate topping (cacao powder, maple syrup and MELTED coconut oil) to a small bowl and stir by hand until creamy and smooth.
- Add the truffles (individually or a couple at a time) to the bowl with chocolate topping and gently toss until the entire truffle is covered with chocolate.
- Put the chocolate covered truffles onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and return to the refrigerator for 15 - 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Coconut Flour
- Pumpkin Spice
- Raw Cacao
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2,893 | Total Carbs: 203 g | Total Fat: 234 g | Total Protein: 86 g | Total Sodium: 153 mg | Total Sugar: 95 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.