Fresh, warm, crispy and fluffy, you can never go wrong with these eggless classic waffles! You also won't believe how fast they are to churn out!
Classic Waffles [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups wholewheat/ all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix coconut milk with vinegar in a small bowl and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, combine all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Mix oil, vanilla and coconut oil in the milk and vinegar mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth and thick. The batter should have a soft dropping consistency, like a cake batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Grease the waffle cavities well and pour a ladleful of batter in the cavity. Let the batter cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat