These moist and succulent cinnamon zucchini mini cakes are a nice alternative to your regular carrot cake. They are spiced perfectly, studded with walnuts and raisins, and then finish with a simple glaze drizzle to give them a sweet finish.
Cinnamon Zucchini Cakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cinnamon Zucchini Cakes [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.4 ounces raisins (optional)
- 1.4 ounces walnut pieces (optional)
- 1 small to medium size zucchini, grated
- 1.75 ounces vegan yogurt
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Drizzle:
- 1 tablespoon soy yogurt
- Icing sugar, to taste
How to Prepare Cinnamon Zucchini Cakes [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Oil and slightly flour two mini bundt cakes pans and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all the dry ingredients (up to and not including the walnut pieces) and mix well. Set this aside.
- Add all wet ingredients in another bowl and mix them with a spoon until they're well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix them until the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared bundt pans and bake them for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool them in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Afterward, gently remove cakes from pans. Cool them completely on wire rack.
- Whisk the icing sugar with yogurt in a small bowl until it's smooth.
- Drizzle this over the cakes before serving them.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 832 | Carbs: 106 g | Fat: 43 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 765 mg | Sugar: 50 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.