If you haven't tried making homemade graham crackers before, you have to start now! You'll wonder why you've never made them before. They're that easy and so much better for you than the store-bought kind! Pair them with pumpkin pie-spiced hummus and you've got yourself a fall treat that can't be beat.
Cinnamon Graham Crackers With Healthy Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Hummus [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cinnamon Graham Crackers With Healthy Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Hummus [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups graham or whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: a few teaspoons of oatmeal for thicker dip
How to Prepare Cinnamon Graham Crackers With Healthy Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Hummus [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well. Add everything else and continue stirring until a dough has formed. (Alternatively you can do it in a food processor which is what I did. The best part is that you don't need to wash it in between crackers and dip.)
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a layer about 1/8-inch thick and use cookie cutters or knife to cut out crackers. Place on baking pan just barely spaced apart; these guys don't spread very much, if at all. Bake for 6-8 minutes until perfectly crisp.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until very smooth.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 3,157 | Total Carbs: 575 g | Total Fat: 71 g | Total Protein: 85 g | Total Sodium: 835 mg | Total Sugar: 212 Nutrition information does not include optional oatsNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.