With fall comes an abundance of apples and this cinnamon apple pull bread is the perfect use for them. A sweetened yeasted dough is turned out and rolled into a rectangle, then topped with a cinnamon, sugar, and pecan mixture. Diced apples are then sprinkled on top of the sugar and spice and it's baked to warm, gooey perfection. This is the perfect bread to make at home with family friends.
Cinnamon Apple Pecan Pull Apart Bread [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, plus 6 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, heat almond milk and butter until butter is just melted, about 60 seconds. Add flax eggs and maple syrup to the bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir in 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour and yeast, stir just enough until the dough begins to pull away from the sides.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured work surface, gently knead in the additional 1/4 cup of flour. Knead until you have created a smooth and elastic dough ball.
- Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a warm towel or plastic wrap. Place in a warm area free from drafts and allow to rise for 30-45 minutes or until double in size.
- While the dough is rising, combine sugar, cinnamon, and pecans in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, flour your work area and a rolling pin. Turn dough onto the floured surface or parchment paper and roll out into a rectangle about 12 inches wide and 24 inches long.
- Sprinkle the rectangle with cinnamon sugar mixture and diced apples.
- Measuring with your loaf pan of choice, using a pizza cutter cut strips lengthwise as wide as the width of your pan, about 3-4 strips.
- Cut those strips into 4-inch squares or less depending on the side of your pan (width-wise). Layer the cut squares on top of one another and place the stacks on their side into the buttered loaf pan-you will want to be able to see the layers when placed into the pan.
- Repeat until all your dough is used and the pan is stacked full.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter and drizzle over loaves/loaf. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes-this may need to be adjusted depending on the size of your pan(s).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
Makes three mini loaves or one large loaf.