These Chocolate Tahini Granola Bars are bound to be your new favourite sweet treat! A crumbly sweet granola oat base, a creamy and chocolatey layer in the middle and added oaty goodness on top makes these bars pure heaven with none of the artificial ingredients or reﬁned sugars you may ﬁnd in shop-bought snacks. These bars make a great no-bake recipe, that are quick and easy to prepare and can be created using simple ingredients you’re likely to have in your cupboard.
Chocolate Tahini Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup granola
- 3/4 cup oat flour – rolled oats blended into a flour in the food processor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons date syrup or any liquid sweetener.
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 2 tablespoons date syrup – or any other liquid sweetener
- Mix the granola, oat flour and salt in a bowl, then pour in the coconut oil and date syrup.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into a square tin
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. In the meantime prepare the chocolate filling.
- Break up the chocolate into a heatproof dish and add in the tahini and date syrup. You can either melt it over a pan of boring water or in the microwave.
- Pour the mixture over the oat base, then sprinkle over the remaining 1/3 of the oat mixture.
- Return to the freezer for 30-60 minutes.