These chewy chocolate tahini cookies are something else! The fuse the traditional cookie with a new twist that is sure to add a new favorite to your list.
Chocolate Tahini Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (or another liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 cup oat bran or ground oats
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt (you can leave this out, but it helps bring out the sweetness)
- 2 ounces chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl until evenly mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- If the dough seems too dry or too runny, add more applesauce or oats respectively. This can happen depending on the thickness of your tahini and the different absorption of oats and oat bran. The ideal consistency of the dough should be firmer than typical oatmeal cookie dough.
- Drop about a tablespoon of the dough for each cookie on the cookie sheet.