The combination of chocolate and salted caramel is delicious and one that consistently withstands the test of time. This cake is very simple and consists of a crunchy base of oatmeal, a layer of toffee or salted caramel vegan a cover of dark chocolate. The preparation of the cake is quite easy, although you must prepare the salted caramel in advance.
Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pie [Vegan]
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of salted caramel
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Crush the oat flakes in the blender until they are turned into flour. Place the oatmeal in a bowl and mix it with sugar and flour. Add the oil and knead with your hands until you get a dense and manageable dough.
- Cover a round mold with vegetable paper and pour the dough inside. Level the dough with your fingers or a spoon and raise it to the edges of the mold.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF and bake the base for 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- Prepare the salted caramel and pour the candy into the dough.
- Melt the chocolate together with the coconut milk in a saucepan and pour it over the caramel.
- Let the cake cool in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens. Cut the cake into portions and serve.