These chocolate protein waffle sticks are a fun, easy breakfast. They're packed with protein, healthy fiber, and then topped with a gooey peanut butter sauce so you'll have fuel all day. Plus, these waffles sticks are soft, chewy, rich, and chocolatey which means that they are pretty much the best breakfast ever.
Chocolate Protein Waffle Sticks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Waffle Sticks:
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, ground into flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate protein
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
For the Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Combine the waffle ingredients and pour half of them into a waffle iron until cooked through (mine take about 8-10 minutes, but depends on the iron). Repeat this with the other half of the batter, so you end up with two waffles.
- Cut each waffle into sticks of your preferred size.
- To make the peanut butter sauce, combine the peanut butter, dates, and water in a high-power food processor or blender and blend until totally smooth. You may need a little more water to get it to your desired consistency for dipping.