This porridge breakfast recipe is great for busy mornings. It will only take you few minutes to make and you will still enjoy its beautifully healthy and energizing properties.
Super Quick Chocolate Porridge [Vegan]
- 3 1/2 ounces rolled oats
- 6.8-ounces boiling water
- 3.4-ounces of any kind of milk
- 2 teaspoons pure cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Optional toppings: Pear, berries, nuts, seeds, maple syrup, melted dark chocolate
- Put the oats into a big bowl with water, half of the milk, pure cacao and honey if using. Place into the microwave and heat 2 minutes on high temperature. Check the consistency, stir and heat 1 minute longer if you want it creamier (you may need to add more milk if it's too thick).
- Remove from the microwave, add the rest of the milk, stir and divide between a couple of bowls.
- Serve it with your favourite toppings, melted dark chocolate is a top!