Chocolate mousse piled on top of creamy New York style cheesecake, baked on top of a fudgy brownie!
Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1/2 recipe fudge brownies
- 1 batch ganache
- 2 cups Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Egg
- 1 cup Plant Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vegan Lactic Acid
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Leftover cake scraps
- 1/4-1/2 cup Ganache
- 3/6 tablespoons Rum
- Vegan Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Aquafaba
- 1/8 teaspoon Agar powder
- 4 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- First prepare the brownie recipe as per the instructions.
- If you made the full recipe, divide the batter in half and bake 1 half in a greased and parchment lined 7" cake pan.
- The other brownie batter can be baked as you wish!
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 18 minutes and meanwhile you can prepare the cheesecake batter.
- For the cheesecake combine all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender and process smooth
- Wait for the brownie to be done baking, and let it cool for about 30 minutes in the pan before pouring the cheesecake batter over top.
- Bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, but leave the cheesecake inside to cool for another 50 minutes, then let it cool completely on the counter for about an hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight before unmolding.
- Prepare the Rum Cake Balls by combining the cake scraps, ganache and rum together in a large mixing bowl and mix just until everything is combined.
- Scoop balls onto parchment paper and then roll them to perfect shaped balls.
- Dip in tempered chocolate and refrigerate until needed
- Combine the hot coffee and the agar powder and whisk smooth. Keep it warm or the agar will set and you will have to remelt.
- Meanwhile open the can of coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight and carefully scoop out the fat that is on top and place in a mixer with a whip attachment, use the coconut liquid for something else (like a smoothie or a recipe that calls for no fat coconut water)
- Whip the coconut cream to soft peaks and reserve in the refrigerator
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl over a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl
- Add the hot brewed coffee with the agar and the vanilla extract to the melted chocolate all at once while whisking vigorously to incorporate well.
- Add the reserved whipped coconut cream and whisk smooth
- Whip the aquafaba/agar with the cream of tartar to stiff peaks while adding the sugar slowly
- Take a small portion of the AF meringue and fold into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Fold in the rest of the AF gently
- Line a bowl that is 6" in diameter across the top with plastic wrap and pour the mousse into the bowl.
- Refrigerate until set - it will actually set within 30 minutes! (That agar is a dream!)
- Unmold the cheesecake, then the fully set chocolate mousse and assemble the cake!