This brownie recipe is a completely nutritious version that is made with whole food ingredients. They are much tastier than the overly processed and factory-made boxed brownies that are often waxy in texture and lacking in freshness. Try these brownies for a tasty treat!
Chocolate Fudge Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup organic brown or white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seed flour mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce or oil of choice
- 3/4 cup almond milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- optional chocolate chips
- First, combine flax and water in a cup and whisk; let sit for ten minutes, then whisk the almond milk with the lemon juice and let sit while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine ingredients except for the flour and chocolate chips; add to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well. Pour the almond milk and flax mixture into the ingredients and stir well.
- Lastly, add the flour and mix, then optional chocolate chips. Bake at 350°F for around 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool and top with additional chocolate chips and salt.